Night Divine -A Vignette

I open the dark wood door without making a single creak.
The moon shines through the open window. The curtains blow in the soft breeze, the same breeze that carries the scent of gingerbread to my cold nose. A fire is crackling, creating a bubble of warmth on the other side of the room. Four stockings hang from the mantle, one for each family member. A soft grey couch sits with a fluffy blanket begging to be snuggled. A lonely armchair rest opposite being comforted by a small side table with fresh gingerbread and milk.
I turn to see glowing white flecks falling from the dark of the night. A perfect snowflake falls onto my outstretched hand but it melts instantly once inside.
A cold chill follows me inside, so I quickly reach up and gently close the frosty window. A blurred reflection appears so I turn sharply and stand face to face with a tower of green. Soft branches hold shining, glittering baubles. A gleaming scarf wraps around tree limbs, shining bright silver and gold. Twinkling golden lights hide in a forest of green. A shining star plucked from the night sky sits atop, like a king sitting on his throne observing everything below. Gifts, red and green, tied up with a bow are tucked underneath.
Behind me, in the window, a flash of red, followed by clouds of golden glitter flies gracefully across the night sky.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!