That One Day

“Mum, where are you?'' I asked impatiently.
“I’m in the kitchen Mia,” she replied. Then I sprinted from the living room to the kitchen while asking her “can I invite my friends for a sleepover mum please, can I?”
“Hmm, let me think about it” for a second of silence mum replied with a straight “no.” Then I questioned her on why I couldn’t invite my besties for a sleepover. “Because you have not been studying enough, however, if you want to have a sleepover with your besties you have to persuade me with a persuasive letter telling me why you want a sleepover,” she commanded. Of course, she was going to ask me to write a persuasive letter because she is a teacher herself so without hesitating, I said “fine.” I went to my bedroom, put on my reading glasses which made me look wise and professional, and started working.
Finally, after two hours, I completed my persuasive piece and immediately headed to Mum. Mum read it and raised one of her eyebrows while saying ''not bad but you still need editing.” Then I groaned with disbelief and said, “Can we get over this, can I have a sleepover?”
“Fine you did spend two hours doing it”, she said. Then I ran to my bedroom and texted my two best friends Alia and Cleo to come tomorrow at five. I was so thrilled.
Ding dong! “They’re here!” I screamed. I opened the door and hugged them as if they were two yummy meatballs ready for me to gobble up. Then I took them to my room. After some time mum called us for dinner. When I sat at the dinner table my mum suspiciously grinned at me but I did not seem to bother. After dinner as me and my friends were entering my room I felt Goosebumps run through my skin and the hair on my arms stood up like the thorns on a roses stem or as if I was touching a plasma ball which gave me static energy. Then I asked my friends if they felt weird but they chuckled and shook their heads.
Then, Alia decided to tell us a ghost story and I was confident that I wouldn’t get spooked out but little did I know my Mum, Alia and Cleo had something up their sleeves. While Alia was telling us the story Cleo asked me to bring her a glass of water. When I entered the hallway all the lights were off and it was as dark as the inside of a black hole. I slowly walked myself to the kitchen, turned on the lights, and out of nowhere a ghost appeared wearing a white bed sheet cover and I screamed at the top of my lungs. Then as Alia and Cleo entered that chaos the ghost revealed itself and it was Mum! They all laughed hilariously. After that I did not talk to Mum nor did I talk to Alia and Cleo.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!