Paper Mario And The Secret Pipes

One night Luigi drove off somewhere while Mario was asleep. It was raining so Luigi had rain splattering over his face. Mario woke up and looked for Luigi. But of course he wasn’t there. Mario walked into the living room. Then he realised that Luigi was gone. So he tried to sleep again. This time he felt something strange. Like his dream was real. There was a purple misty fog lurking in front of him. He was in toad town. But he couldn’t see any toads. Dark figures crept in the fog. He ran to the front door of Peach's castle. Mario opened the door and ran inside.
It was dark and thunder struck outside. “BWA HA HA HA!!! This will be your last battle!” said Bowser who had just appeared. Mario picked up his hammer and whacked Bowser. Bowser whacked Mario. Mario jumped onto Bowser’s head. Bowser threw a chair at Mario. Mario ran through another door. Bowser followed him. Then Mario hit Bowser with his hammer. “You've gotten stronger,” said Bowser. “But you're not ready for round two!!!”
Bowser threw Mario onto a chandelier. Then Bowser jumped onto another one. “Say goodbye Mario!” roared Bowser. Then all the windows broke. The castle started to unfold as the fog got even closer. Mario jumped onto Bowser’s chandelier and smashed the chain with his hammer. Then Bowser jumped onto Mario’s chandelier. Mario fell into the fog and the figures grabbed him.
Mario woke up. That dream had felt so real. Luigi still wasn’t back yet. Then Mario felt something cold all over him. A cold, purple fog had entered the house. Mario launched out of bed and ran from the fog. It started to spread through the building. Mario opened the door and ran to toad town. Toads were running wild and screaming. There were figures lurking in the fog. They were collecting the toads and making them disappear.
A green toad, who seemed awfully calm, dashed into a building. There was a sign outside the building that read: ‘Defence Fortress’. Mario ran to the door and walked in. “Mario,” said the toad. “I’m glad you’re here. The Mushroom Kingdom has been invaded by the Shadow Fog.” Mario felt confused. “I’m guessing you don’t know what the Shadow Fog is, do you?” asked the toad. Mario nodded. “Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Professor Mushweed. My last name is Mushweed and my birth name is Mushweed, so it's a pretty nice fit,” said the toad. “But that’s not the point. The Shadow Fog is. Now, 11111 years ago, a sacred diamond was discovered by my Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather’s friend’s cousin’s sister’s son. One day he was walking through a deep fog and the diamond started glowing. He tripped on a log and the diamond broke. The essence of the diamond spread into the fog and created the Shadow Fog.” End of part one.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!