Bat-man

Long time ago, in Stuward Valley, there was a boy called Dave. Dave loved to play baseball and help whoever he could; he was the best player in his town and everyone loved him.
Whenever he wasn’t playing baseball, he used to take out the rubbish at his favourite restaurant and do the neighbour’s gardens on the weekends.

Everything changed on the 2nd of February, when his town was threatened by a villain named Dr. Basketball and they were in need of a hero. Dr. Basketball wanted to take over the world by making everyone play basketball for his entertainment and whoever lost, was turned into a slave.

Dave was in the middle of a match with his team “The Boo-yas” when they heard the news. They weren’t going to surrender that easily and challenged Dr. Basketball to a basketball match to find out who was the king at playing the game, so a date was set for the 31st of March.

Dr. Basketball started planning his plot in his hotel room, he was taking a break from all the plans when he turned the TV on and saw that “The Boo-yas” had just won a place for the Baseball world championship; he got so upset that he grabbed his freeze gun and shot at the TV turning it into a big block of ice.

This was Dr. Basketball’s plan to defeat “The Boo-yas”
Step 1. Defeat “The Boo-yas”
Step 2. There is no step 2
Step 3. Destroy the world.

Meanwhile at Dave’s house, the team was celebrating when Dave noticed his team mate Bob was acting weird. The team discovered he was a mole for Dr. Basketball and was telling him all their game tactics so he got kicked out from the team.

The set date for the game arrived and “The Boo-yas” were ready to play. After all their efforts, Dr. Basketball won the game but was surprised about their team effort and gave them one more chance before he blew up the world.

The new game was going to be a baseball game against “The Terry Bulls”. It was a very hard match and “The Boo-yas” were struggling; at the final change, Dave was feeling the pressure, it was all up to him. If he missed, Dr. Basketball would end the world as we know it.

Dave hit the ball so fast and hard that they decided to create a new play and named it “Mansion Run”, they had a full house at the field which meant ‘The Boo-yas’ won the game by 5 points. Dr. Basketball ended up going to a special jail where he wouldn’t be able to escape or destroy the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!