Revenge

Revenge
The trees swayed from side to side as the wind howled at night. Grace hugged her father for maybe she would never see him again, Grace’s father waved Grace and me bye, we both managed to wave bye too. That was the last night we saw him as he did not return the next day. He was a brave soldier, for when he left, Grace was only six. He fought against the Warriors a powerful army, he died a hero and saved many people of this land, we will always remember him in our hearts.
The night was cold and windy, Grace tied her father’s bandana around her head as she walked outside the house door. “Good luck Grace. Bye.” I murmured and I handed her gun to her as a hot tear prickled down my cheek. This is for father who saved everyone, I am going to defeat these Warriors alone, Grace thought.
Grace hid near the base of the Warriors. They were celebrating the victory of defeating the Kingdom of Angbotain’s army. What selfish trolls, Grace thought as she shot a Warrior inside by a slightly opened door. Grace then swiftly ran to the back of their base where she always kept a ladder behind a thick tree. She took the ladder and climbed up to the roof. She saw the Warriors outside searching for the victim. Easy aim what fools, Grace thought as she held her gun aiming to the Warriors. BANG! BANG! BANG! Many shots already killed more than half the Warriors.
The Warriors spotted her, she jumped down and whistled for Mysterious’s attention. He galloped to Grace and she hopped on Mysterious. The Warriors were also on their horses chasing after Grace, their guns were difficult to aim with. BANG! BANG! BANG! Many shots were shot successfully by Grace, until BANG! The Captain of the Warriors shot Grace and she fell to the floor grasping her knee as it was throbbing in pain.
She looked up to see the remaining Warriors standing around her with their guns. The captain stepped in and demanded guns down. Suddenly all the Warriors and the captain huddled up in a discussion about what they’d do now that they captured Grace, with her in the middle she couldn’t escape. Grace then slowly grabbed her gun and shot all ten men to their feet and they all fell down in screaming in pain. Grace stood up carefully balanced on one leg, she grabbed one of their guns and shot all the Warriors except the captain who shot her from behind. She sadly passed away. Shortly after the police came and arrested the captain. That was the end of my daughter and the Warriors.
Today I am standing in front of her grave, she never said goodbye to me, her mother. She died a hero like her father did. I will always remember their sacrifices for not only me but for everyone else. They will always be in my heart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!