City Living Isn’t Always Great

City living isn’t always great…. Finally! My first apartment to myself I thought as I poked my key into the key hole. This is a chance for me to re-do some of the years that weren’t the best for me I thought. As I lugged my bags and luggages up the stairs, into the lift, long hallway and finally into the door I stop in my tracks as a cold breeze suddenly sweeps behind me and a chill is sent down my spine. I thought nothing of it and figured it was a breeze coming through the window making me cold therefore sending a chill down my spine.

Before I knew it, the sun was setting resulting in a part of my brain to flick on the bed time switch. I got into my pyjamas and hopped into my nice warm bed, luckily I had switched on my electric blanket before i went to bed I thought.

I woke up to my cupboard creaking, more cool breezes while my window is closed and a strange lump at the end of my bed. It definitely gave me an uneasy feeling to start of the morning but I thought nothing of it. Shortly after my mum called to see how I was doing and settling in and I couldn’t help but tell her about the strange occurrences I’ve had in my apartment the last 2 days. She immediately told me that it probably has something to do with the paranormal but I told her not to be so stupid and that ghosts don’t exist.

But all day and for weeks turn into months, I couldn’t shake the feeling of my mum’s words, it’s probably the paranormal.

Ghosts don’t exist, ghosts don’t exist… was the only thing my mind could believe. Ghosts don’t exist….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!