Light And Dark

Light and Darkness, and elements both incredible and strong. But through generations, the power has been passed down to two younglings. For though they are twins, who will be fit for the throne? The story begins and a mystery is to be discovered…

Giggles echoed throughout the temple of Elysia, as the sunlight laid upon two girls known as Melantha and Elliana. Both blood related they were known to be the next rulers that would bring both day and night to Elysia. Melantha was known to be sharp, quick-witted, and intimidating, while Elliana was known to be charming, kind-hearted, and stubborn. Both were opposite but their connection was something one would wish for. Though it was sweet, the past could only stay for so long until chaos would arrive.

The shadows danced around an enraged woman. Her aura filled with darkness and anger. For Elysia was now in the hands of Eris, the ruler of Khaos and now Elysia. Elliana had fallen into the trap of Eris’s plan and become yet another one of Eris’s minions. Melantha felt betrayal from her own sister for now she has been exiled from her own kingdom. But despite that, she knew her sister would never do that for they were Light and Darkness. Awakening from her trance she sensed an unwelcome figure. Gripping her sword she could hear the whistling of the figure's blade travelling at an inhuman speed. Centimetres away from being beheaded she was able to dodge the opponent's attack. The two fought swiftly creating an odd but magnificent sight.

After minutes of continuous attacks, they had clashed blades but something had attracted Melantha’s eye. The sword was Elliana’s sword and held the elements of light burning those who were not the wielder. Staggering as she processed the information, Elliana took advantage and was able to swing her feet underneath Melantha’s leg from behind causing Melantha to slam to the ground. Trapping her sister, she kicked Melantha’s weapon away and stabbed her sword inches away from Melantha’s neck. “E-Ellie…please don’t do it…remember for light there will always be darkness and in darkness, there will always be light…Please.” But as heartbreaking it was for Elliana to hear her other half beg for mercy she could not bring herself to stop. So with tears trickling down her cheek, she faced her sister who smiled at her welcoming death and raised her sword.

There the hooded girl carried her sister to the mountains as she watched her kingdom crumble. The girl had buried her sister on top of the icy mountains and laid down next to her as she fell into a deep slumber. It is said that they had finally found their peace together and are now known to be watching over a planet called Earth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!