The Mystery In The Mirror

The students at Estelle Academy for Girls have been told of an abandoned classroom at the very top of the highest tower of their castle-like school. The girls have been warned that anyone that has ever gone in there has never come out.

Lulu Bell and her best friend Amara James had been intrigued in finding out what happened to their peers that have mysteriously disappeared. But when Amara was brave enough to enter the room, she did not return.

A few weeks later Lulu didn’t go to class like she normally would. Instead she went out to look for her best friend. She wandered past many, many dorm rooms, classrooms and offices until she noticed something and stopped right in her tracks.

Lulu had reached the tall, winding staircase that would take her to the room. She held onto the cold handrails and silently paced up the glimmering silver steps. When she made it to the door of the forbidden classroom she stared at it and debated turning back and giving up. But she wasn’t a coward. She breathed heavily and placed her trembling hand on the chipped gold painted door knob and closed her eyes as she twisted it open.

She sighed and opened her eyes slowly. To her surprise, behind the door was an ordinary classroom. But as she walked inside something caught her eye. A tall mirror with a beautiful gold rim leaning against a wall in a dark corner of the room. She strolled towards the mirror and placed her fingers softly on the glass. Her icy blue eyes widened when she saw her hand had passed right through it. She ripped her hand out of the mirror and pinched her arm to see if she was in a dream. “Ouch!” she whimpered as she rubbed her pale wrist. She turned back to look at the shiny, golden framed mirror. She stared for a while and thought that maybe that's where Amara had gone. She sighed and held her breath as she reached towards the glistening mirror. Her delicate fingers slipped through, along with the rest of her. And soon enough her head had passed through the shimmering glass, her long ginger braid following after.

Lulu stepped out and stumbled on the bottom of the mirror. As she slowly pulled her body up off the fluffy emerald grass she was amazed by the luminous blue sky that was scattered with soft snowy clouds. She turned around and caught a glimpse of someone standing in front of her. She rubbed her eyes and looked back at the figure and gasped. She saw a smiling girl with jet black shoulder length hair and a red and white uniform that matched her own. She stared in disbelief for a few seconds and managed to exhale one word. “Amara?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!