The Tree Disaster

I was climbing in my tree, when my pet talking potato says, “Okay stop climbing now you might fall.”
But I keep climbing and then SLIP!!!!! I fall. Eyes shut I fall to my DOOM.

I open my eyes. I am lying on the ground. The potato jumps off its branch and lies down next to me and says,
“I told you so!”
“Shut up!” I say.
When I get up I fall on my face. My arm isn’t working properly?! By the way, I don't feel when some stuff happens to me, so I don't know if I broke my arm or not.
I walk inside and say, “Mum my arm isn’t working properly.”
I hear footsteps and my mum appears before me phone in hand she dials the emergency services…

The ambulance appears, my mum says goodbye to my older sister and we hop in and drive off. The ambulance driver says, “How's your afternoon been?”
When it is only the morning. He is probably having a forgetful day. We speed through the traffic lights, dodge old grannies on the zebra crossings and finally we get to the hospital. My mum kicks the door down… just kidding she slams the door open and head straight to the reception desk and says impatiently, “Hi, my child has broken his arm and we need to see a doctor right away and put his arm in a cast.”
“Okay! The only doctor that is free is doctor Moningham in Room 19. I’ll inform her now over the intercom”
We hear her talking into the intercom as we walk away I can hear the clock ticking loudly * tick tock tick tock * I am a little bit scared. Then I remember that putting on a cast doesn’t hurt at all!

We walk down to doctor Moningham’s office and she asks a few questions and then she asks the best question of them all. She says, “What colour do you want your cast to be?”
I replied, “Dark green.”
We went home and I got greeted by my potato and I said, “Let’s just watch TV.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!