The Magic Cookbook

Many kids think if magic were to exist, everything would be perfect… Would it? "Yes!" shouted Kelly looking at a poster that said, ‘Astrom WANTED.’ "My next mystery!" Kelly was 9 and a half years old but yet was an outstanding detective. There aren't many detectives in Saffron Falls. There aren't many detectives in 2022 either. Kelly was lucky because she was one of those amazing people. Kelly loved solving mysteries. "Kelly, hurry up! Dad's calling you to come otherwise we will go to camp without you!" called out Kelly's brother Mike. Kelly raced to the camper van standing near their house. "Let's go!" shouted Kelly's mum Katrina. Kelly jumped on the van and mum started to drive. It was a very long ride and with Mike it was even longer but they reached the camping site eventually. When they got there, Kelly looked at her phone. It had one new notification so she looked at it. It said Astrom was in the forest Kelly was in (Forest of Regret)! "I regret it already!" said Kelly. That night everyone was having smores, but eventually everyone got tired and went to sleep except Kelly. She went to the darker side of the forest to try to find Astrom but instead she found a book that seemed to be the magic cookbook. She heard many myths and legends about it but she never thought of finding it. She quickly ran back to camp and hid the book in her bag. Little did she know the magic cookbook was very dangerous. In the morning again, Kelly was looking for Astrom everywhere but still couldn't find him. Suddenly, Kelly had a very dangerous idea, she would use the cookbook to help her. She found a spell in the book that said it will help you or... Kelly did not notice the flap that said ENEMY! Kelly quickly cooked the spell. She even used a magic spice called Elisyan Sugar. Then Kelly quickly drank it. Suddenly, Astrom had the knowledge of where to hide! Kelly looked at the book and she finally noticed the flap! Kelly kept on flipping through the pages of the book hoping to find something. Suddenly, a big piece of Elisyan Sugar came to Kelly. It said to use her own knowledge and that she will succeed. Then, without saying a thing, Kelly grabbed her spy gear and ran to the museum where Astrom was last seen. She used her knowledge to detect where Astrom was hiding. She didn't even need her spy gear! She caught Astrom! Kelly quickly called the police and they took Astrom to prison! "Good job Kelly!" said Mike. “Knowledge can help you in all sorts of problems." said Katrina. Meanwhile in prison, Astrom was behind strong bars, or was he?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!