The Age Of The Vikings

Long ago in 1650, legend has it that there was an ancient viking horn that when blown would bring bloodshed over the entire human race. Then came the age of Malcolm the Brutal. He conquered cities and left not one with a single heartbeat.

He came across the city of Valcor where he saw the Elders' temple. He ordered his troops to storm the temple and leave nothing. They came out with an ancient possession called the viking horn. He snatched it from the trooper's hands and brought it up to his mouth. He then courageously blew the horn. The skies turned dark and the sun was hidden by a bunch of misty clouds. Soon, the crops started dying, the trees started to perish and the people were dying. Malcolm the Brutal didn’t care.

The people came to his battleship and begged for him to stop the stage of death. He rejected them and they thought that they would have to do it themselves. The villagers gathered what was left of them and decided to blow up the palace. They hoarded explosives under the bridge leading to the ship. They then placed the explosives on a barge and lit the fuse. They swam in terror. The hull of the boat exploded and the explosion spread to the barrels and the drums of gunpowder which then caused a collosal eruption.

Malcolm the Brutal died a brutal death. Later in 1978 they found the ancient horn and later it was placed in the Museum of Ancient History. The sky was still dark, everyone was still starving. No one knew that the ancient possession could cure the entire world. As one of the museum guests walked past one of the ancient books and then realised the signature on the bottom of the page, Malcolm the Brutal. He read one of the pages and found that it was Malcolm’s journal. On one of the pages it said that Malcolm came across a great horn that when blown would bring bloodshed over the entire human race. He then said that he was thinking of blowing it for the sake of his own life and everyone's food. It ended at that page and then the guest called Jonathan walked out of the museum.

The horn caught his eye like a diamond in the sky. He raced back to the museum and smashed open the case. He brought the horn up to his lips and courageously blew it. He walked outside and saw the sky turning blue for the first time in over one thousand years. After that the crops started growing and then the world was healthy again. That is until someone like Malcolm the Brutal comes back and blows the horn again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!