Fading Into The Crowd

It all started when the stars in your eyes died, Stardust clouding the skies, But there you stand still, mourning the loss of your inner thrill, for I knew I had lost you when you stopped whispering to the trees, trusting your secrets to the trunks and the leaves, when you stopped dancing in the rain, laughing as the lightning and thunder called your name, and when the wind whispered secrets in your ears, ancient secrets, longings and fears.
I knew when you didn’t stop to smell the flowers, and instead stared at your phone for hours and hours, wasting your life away, but still I begged you to stay, pulling you pleadingly towards the stars, where we could sing and dance and the world would be ours, but there you stay, losing all your joy and play, but for now I must leave, even while I bleed for the memory, of a childhood cemetery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!