Volcano Catastrophe

Excellence Award in the 'Unleashed 2022' competition

It was an extraordinary day in the underworld, they had hit an all time low. Hades, god of the underworld was thinking of an evil plan to overthrow Zeus, god of thunder and lightning. So in order for that to happen, he teleported his Devilish Magma Demon to Mount Olympus using a few teleportation orbs that he had stolen from Zeus.

Zeus became extremely angry because of all the screaming and magma that he teleported the Devilish Magma Demon back to the underworld. He certainly hadn't finished his business yet, he threw a mighty thunder bolt at it, exploding the evil demon into millions of tiny crystals.

When Hades saw this, he planned on getting revenge on Zeus to avenge the demon's lost soul. So he traveled to Mount Olympus in the midst of the pitch black night, broke into Mount Olympus and dug up a massive hole in the mountain with his bare hands and finger nails as sharp as knives. He buried a handful of demon crystals into the hole which now, almost looked identical to a crater. Hades waited overnight to see what would happen.

Suddenly, the crystals activated and lava came pouring out of the volcano that was previously the happy home of the gods. The gods were all yelling and yelping for help as their perfect home crumbled into dust and debris.

There was absolutely no hope until Demeter, the goddess of nature arose from the heavens. She was in shock of what had happened as Zeus awoke her from her rest. She was furious with Hades and immediately restored Mount Olympus with her godly strength and care. She strangled the volcano with her vines of luscious leaves, pure platinum and great gold. This was the story of how volcanoes were made and why they erupt. Now, Hades still does this to keep Demeter busy. Hades also deviously continues this cycle internationally, wrecking havoc wherever he goes, in his ambitious plan to conquer and rule over Earth.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!