Paramedics

Paramedics are doctors except for doctors that drive in a vehicle called an ambulance. However, they don’t JUST go in ambulances but also go in helicopters to get to people from far away and where there is no access to an ambulance or a paramedic car. It is my dream job! The skills you would want to have to become a brilliant paramedic are strong communication skills, stamina, resilience, and navigational and driving skills. A good level of physical fitness, ability to make swift decisions and stay calm under pressure as well as empathy and caring for others. Paramedics can be split apart into two parts to explain what paramedic means, “ Para” means next to while “medic” means doctor. I know there will be emotional times, but I need to be tough. Whenever it is difficult or a violent patient I would have to have some backup so that I won’t get hurt or threatened. I will have to train for approximately 3 years in Australia. It will still be worth it even if I need to spend more time on training. . While my sister was unwell, I got an opportunity to go in a paramedic ambulance at the front. A paramedic was at the back of the ambulance where my mummy was, and the paramedic took care of my sister until we reached the hospital. The amount of paramedics in an ambulance depends on whether the patient is in critical danger or just a normal accident. If anyone is trying to find a job that includes helping people then why not become a paramedic? It is the best career?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!