Hazel The Orphan

One day I rushed through the forest trees.I saw something strange.I picked it up and it was a little orphan.I bring it straight home I gave it a little clean and a wash.The little orphan opened its little eyes they were bright and brown.
I heard it’s stomach rumble she was hungry.I fed it some milk.She slurped and slurped and slurped happily at the last few drops.I smiled at her.She gave a little giggle.I decided to name her Hazel I felt like it suited her.

Years passed and little Hazel grew up.She was 13.I was so happy tomorrow she will be fourteen!
I decided on her birthday I will give her something special.
Hazel wanted to go shopping I said “yes.”It was a great idea since it was close to her birthday.
We went to the shops I bought her a slushy and more.We paid and went straight home.After a few hours it was nighttime we brushed our teeth and changed into our pyjamas.We felt really tired and slept.

Next morning we both woke up at 6:16 I said “Happy birthday” Hazel said “thank you” I thought I my head”Maybe we can have a surprise party”Hazel said she wanted breakfast I gave her pancakes with chocolate syrup.Pancakes were her favourite.After a few hours I told Hazel to get in the car Hazel asked where we were going I told her it was a surprise.We finally arrived we were at the Birthday Dancing Club.Hazel was so happy she hugged me tightly I hugged her back.

I secretly baked a cake while she was sleeping I made her a swirl cake.Chocolate flavoured.We danced happily on the first round.Then the assistant of the dancing club announced that we were going to have a competition to do Irish dancing me and Hazel always danced Irish so we think we are going to win.We danced with our click shoes and tapped on the floor at the same time.When it was over the assistant announced the winners.Third place was Bindi Houseman.Second was Lily Thompson.First place was Hazel Trencherman.That meant we won! We celebrated our victory and when the dancing club was closed we went straight home we won 80000 dollars!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!