Ocean

I woke up yawning and rubbing my eyes. I felt a drop of water on my arm and my eyes shot wide open, it wasn’t just a nightmare. I quickly sat up and looked around but the only thing my eyes were met with was nothing but the ocean, for miles and miles I was in a bright orange blow up raft with my life vest still on. All I remember is my plane about to crash and a huge pit in my stomach…knowing I was going to die. But I didn't, here I was, alone in the middle of nowhere. No food, no drinkable water. Nothing. I was exhausted. The silence was loud. I fell back asleep

I woke up again to my raft hitting something, I slowly opened my eyes. It was mossy near the bottom of it but I looked up and the rest was stone. “What is this place..?” I said under my breath. If i even survived to get to shore i would expect to have washed up on a beach not some rock thing. There were two parts of this rock and a middle. I was able to squeeze between the middle and climb up; It took me a few tries but finally I reached the flat ground.
“Hello?” I said. No response.
“Helloo??” I said again louder this time. Still nothing. I decided to look around. It wasn’t the biggest place but it was better than that raft. There were a few huts and I went inside. There was nobody there but there was fruit and what looked like water. I grabbed the drink not caring what it was and chugged it relieved to find out it was water. I wiped my mouth.
“This place is totally abandoned.” I said laughing. Not knowing that later I would find out exactly why everyone left and that I'd wish I never came upon this place as well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!