Jadestones

She stared out the window, onto the vibrant green, grassy lawn. A sprinkler sprinkled water onto it while Jade, our protagonist, rested on the window sill of her old, dusty attic, which she turned into a loft.
She brushed her long, brown hair, and pulled her blue-denim jacket over her white tank-top after putting her phone in her jean-shorts' left pocket and putting on her ankle-socks and closed-over black leather shoes.
She got up and went out to enter her yellow Tesla.

But when she made it to the highway, something that sounded like a truck by it's horn hit her, knocking her out and sending her car tumbling off the road.

She woke next to a purple bush that vaguely resembled the silhouette of a dragon. The grass she laid bleeding on was soft yellow, and felt like a pillow. The sky seemed to eternally be night. Suddenly, a masculine voice that was echoey and slightly robotic called to her. "Hey!" It got closer, and when she looked up, a creature with the posture of an arch made of black goop bent over slightly and stretched out a three-fingered toe-beaned hand. She grabbed it, and used it to hoist herself off the ground and on her feet. "You good?" It asked, staring into her hazel eyes cautiously. "Yeah, I'm fine." she responded hesitantly.
A sudden flash of light blinded Jade.
She woke in a hospital room, and with life support connected to her.
What little light was entering the room turned dark, and swallowed up her vision once more, bringing her back to the dark world.
"You're staring, and literally bleeding out of your right arm-- Are you sure you're okay?" the creature asked worriedly.
"Yes, I'm sure." Jade replied softly, a terrified look on her face.
The creature quickly bandaged her up with the bandages it held in it's left hand.

What am I going to do? Is this a hallucination? What's going on??? She thought to herself as the creature continued attempting to heal her.

END (?)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!