The First Shot

Souvy Ou was thinking about Isaiah Blote again. Isaiah was a tall blond guy who was currently flipping in the sand. Souvy walked over to the water as it rushes up her legs. She had always loved the warm beach with its fighting wind. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel happy.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Isaiah Blote. Making Souvy regret going to the beach. Souvy gulped. She glanced at her reflection. She was a loud, talkative person with brown skin and a small body. But her friends see her as a kind funny girl. Once, she even helped an old lady cross the road. But not even a loud person who had once helped an old lady cross the road was prepared for what Isaiah had in plan for her.

The sun shone like burning flames. While Souvy stepped out of the water, Isaiah came closer. She could see the delightful glint in his ocean eye. Souvy's anxiety shot through the sky making her grab her bag and start feeling it to release some of the stress that was building inside of her. The history of Souvy and Isaiah and what they have been through together made her a handful of butterflies in her stomach.

Isaiah gazed with the affection of a kind determined dog. He said, in hushed tones, "I know you love me, and I want to love you back, but I just need time." Souvy looked back, feeling more regret as she was still fingering the bag. "Isaiah, I love you too, and I understand that you need time, but don’t you think it is long enough?" she replied. They looked at each other with love feelings but acted like they cannot have each other.

Moments passed and seagulls flew. He smiled and grabbed her hands. But instantly let go after hearing loud music blasting in the background. He turned to see his friends, tony and Kingston playing music. Souvy studied Isaiah's blond hair and ocean eyes. Eventually, she took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," began Souvy in apologetic tones, "But I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you, Isaiah." Isaiah was shocked and shaken. Souvy could not bear to hear Isaiah's emotions shatter into pieces. She hurried away into the distance before she broke into tears.

At this point, not even a tub of ice cream could calm Souvy's nerves tonight. Souvy had been crying constantly since she had said those lies to Isaiah. She had now filled herself with even more regret and embarrassment. But as time passed for a few days, Souvy received a message from Isaiah saying “Souvy, I know what you said at the beach was fake. It cannot be true. And I am sorry if I upset you in any way. I love you.”

Souvy adores Isaiah and now has an opportunity with him. So, she takes her shot.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!