Last Words

Sarah Clifford looked at the gun in her hands and felt confident.
She walked over to the window and reflected on her old-fashioned surroundings. She had always loved urban London with its racid, rabblesnatching rivers. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel confident.
Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Gregory Randall. Gregory was a lovely friend with tall legs and smooth lips. Sarah gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a greedy, cute, wine drinker with brunette hair and natural pink lips. Her friends saw her as an abundant, beautiful angel. Once, she had even rescued a injured cat from a burning building.
But not even an angel who had once rescued a injured cat from a burning building, was prepared for what Gregory had in store today.
The moon shone making it look glowing, making Sarah delighted. As Sarah stepped outside and Gregory came closer, she could see the miniature smile on his face. Gregory gazed with the affection at Sarah. He said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want peace. Our families have been at war for a long time Sarah and it has to end."
Sarah looked back, with an exquisite look and still fingering the gun. "Gregory, I don't know what to say," she replied.
They looked at each other with happy feelings, like how the trees danced in the breeze and couldn't quite reach the one beside it.
Sarah studied Gregory's tall legs and smooth lips. Eventually, she took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Sarah in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you Gregory. It just won't work with all the things that has happened in the past....." Her innocent eyes turned dark. Gregory looked worried, his emotions raw.
Sarah could actually hear Gregory's emotions shatter in his tiny little heart. Sarah raised the gun at her friends head and aimed between the eyes. "I have to do this," she said and shot him. He dropped dead to the ground. Not even a glass of wine would calm Sarah's nerves tonight, the mission she recieved had been accomplished, a wave of regret flowing over her. She sat down in her chair and spun around to look out the window and her friends dead body. Picking up the phone she dialed a number and said, "The mission is complete. Come and collect the body" She shut her eyes tight and let a single tear fall. Those words Gregory had said to her will forever replay in her mind like an old tape for a movie.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!