Killer Prom Queen

The blood dribbled down my torso as I held the knife that was sticking through me. I stumbled backwards, brain rushing, unclear thoughts zooming back and forth through my mind like a rouge bouncy ball.
But lets recap.
School Prom. People were dancing romantically to the sweet music playing through the speakers, that made static noises every couple of seconds. The night was like no other. But it was even better when I saw my girl, my sweet girlfriend walk through the double doors of the school hall. Her brown hair was tied into a bun, blue at the tips that peaked out of the glimmering claw clip. The world's eyes turned to her as she walked towards me. Her dress, sage green, dragging ever so slightly on the floor. Her earing were gold hoops that glittered brightly, and her shoes were of the same. The attention was on her. And she was walking straight to me. I smiled to myself. The music was still playing but no one was dancing anymore. People were gaping, and I saw some guys drooling. But the most beautiful girl in the world paid them no attention. As she got closer, I could see more or her gorgeous face. Her eyes, emerald green, glinted in the eight. Her lips, were perfect, just like the rest of her facial features.
She was right in front of me. I could feel the heat radiating off her body. She pulled me close and we danced to the music. It was almost as if the world around us paused. It was just her, me and the music. And I loved it. I looked at her face, and I couldn't help it. I smiled. How did a girl like me, end up with the most amazing woman to exist? She smiled back at me. My heart dropped, and my stomach filled with butterflies. I could feel my cheeks going red, but how could I not blush? Her pearly white teeth were so pretty, it was hard to look away.
But then the world sped back up again. The music was louder and I could feel the presence of the people around me again. My head pounded slightly. I felt her soft hand grip my arm. Then I felt an unfamiliar sensation in my stomach. I frowned and looked down. And there it was. A knife handle, sticking out of my torso. My vision was bouncing back and forth, from blurry to clear. Hair had fallen on her face, and there was a psychotic look in her eyes. My mind raced, my brain trying to reason what was happening. I opened my mouth to speak words, but all that came out was a speak. A tear ran down my cheek and I choked, a little bit of blood dripping from my mouth. The people around stared as I held the knife in my body. I shook my head. Murdered by the killer prom queen. And yet Somehow I still loved her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!