Under The Bed

Under the bed

I was laying in bed cold and tired as I pulled up my blanket but as soon as I fell asleep I felt cold wrinkled-up fingers pulling back my blanket. I shivered as it was in the middle of winter, I got up in fright to see what was pulling back my blanket but as I stood up something grabbed my ankles and pulled my feet back, I tripped over and fell on my face. I got up in terror and slowly looked under my bed to see what grabbed my ankles, and saw bright amber-coloured eyes staring right at me. I screamed in shock and jumped up on my bed faster than lightning. I pulled my blanket over my head while breathing so hard and fast that I thought I was about to die.

As I was rolling from side to side thinking of what to do, I reached for my bedside table while shaking in fear. Once I grabbed my phone I tried to put in my password but my fingers were so cold it didn’t recognise a human finger. I was shivering in fear and coldness. I tried so many times to put in my password but it wouldn’t recognise my finger. I wondered if warming up my hands would work. I cupped my hands over my mouth and breathed as hard as I could.

After a few breaths, I finally got into my phone. The first thing I did was type the number 000. As I was watching it ring I was shaking in fear wondering if the police would pick up, then they answered “Hello what would you like Police, Fire brigade or Ambulance. As fast as I could I said Police and one of the police ladies picked up the phone and said “Hello how may I help you tonight” I said in fright “there is a monster under my bed, a-a-nd it has bright amber eyes a-a-and it grabbed my ankles and pulled me to the ground flat on my face.” The police replied and said “Miss I’m sorry but monsters aren't re-” I interrupted and said, “ I KNOW BUT PLEASE JUST COME AND HELP ME, SOMEONE IS UNDER MY BED!” “Okay I’ll send some of our Police out to help,” the lady said nicely and calmly. I hung up and waited for the police to come.

It was 30 minutes after I rang the police, I was getting really worried because I didn’t know if the police were going to come in time. I was hearing really weird and scary noises, I looked under the bed slowly, and saw nothing. I rolled back up on my bed with a sigh of relief….. Then I had the biggest scare of my life, the monster under my bed scared me, but that's when I woke up at 8:37 AM, hyperventilating. Again I looked under my bed but all there was were a pair of socks and 3 packets of watermelon bubblegum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!