The Flood Story!



Chirp chirp! The birds were singing happily. Maximus walked peacefully using his not-fully-working iPhone 7 that had a cracked screen. He was minding his own business when he looked up and saw that water was about to be dropped from the tree. He put out his hand and the water dropped onto his palm. He smelt the water, but it did not smell like rain. Instead, it smelt like the ocean. He said, ”That was strange!”

He walked to the apartment and opened his door. He saw his roommate, Jeff, and asked him, “Why does it smell like the ocean outside?”
Jeff replied, “I don’t know why, are you lying?”
Maximus grabbed a bag of peanuts and sat down on the couch. He turned on the TV and at that moment, the TV said, ‘This is news reporter Bob Dave Bill. We have lots of alerts of floods that have occurred. PLEASE HOLD ON TIGHT AHHHHHH!”

Suddenly, the TV shut down. Maximus screamed and asked Jeff, “Hey do you think we are going to make it?”
Jeff said, ‘Yeah so maybe you should hold on tight like the news reporter said.”
Maximus was ready to walk out and escape. He didn’t want to be trapped in his house so he punched the door and got it open. As soon as he walked out the door he felt a gigantic swoosh. “Waaa!”

He opened his eyes and saw he was floating on top of his house. He opened his mouth and water came in. He spat out the dirty rain water in his mouth. He had two options: he either went on top of a floating bus or go back into his house to get his favourite Game Boy that might not even work!

He decided to swim towards a floating bus. Jeff was sitting on top of the bus. They yelled out for help. No one replied. They sat there for a bit until they saw some boat-like objects. It was BOB DAVE BILL and his camera crew! They swam to his boat, sat on one of the seats and drove off to the sunset.

Few hours later, they arrived at New Jert. Maximus met up with people who were also struggling from the floods. Over the next few days, the community came together to make a big water pusher. They thought a big water pusher would work. It worked! The big water pusher pushed all the water into the oceans.

Slowly, the town of Glare started to appear again. They began to see the Statue of 5 Pandas rise and saw it as a sign of good luck. The Sus Building, The Oval Building and 10.99 million other houses started to appear.

Maximus and his roommate ran to his apartment to go and check up on his stuff. His Gameboy was fine and good. Jeff’s couch was okay too and they were both happy that nothing broke.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!