Camp Summer

Camp summer is no place you want to go. It’s not what it sounds like. Actually, it's the opposite. There is nothing for miles and miles. It's wet and icky; humid and gross. It always floods and they make us dig tunnels for the water to run into so the whole place does not all flood. It’s the worst - it’s always raining and my hand are blistered they hurt badly.
They make us use shovels and wear short-sleeved shirts. We have tent’s my tent is tent A because I have been here for 3 years. Its torture. We get wet when we sleep because of the rain the tent is not waterproof and we have the thinnest blankets - well I wouldn’t even say they are blankets because of how thin they are.
Also, you must be where of the blue lizard, they are painful when they bite it feels like a shark biting your body. There isn’t much you can do once you get bitten you just lay there and wait for yourself to get better. I have had it happen to me once it hurt so much - I was in bed for about 3 weeks and really wished I could have died.
I have made some friends. We help each other dig our tunnels. We have to dig 2 every day and if we find anything interesting, we must report it to the head of camp summer who is Jonathan Rich wood. The best thing is, when we have our shower time some days when you're being good Jonathan will reward you with extra shower time, we have exactly 6 minutes.
Some days when it’s raining less, we try to not do as much work and space it out, so we don’t get so tired, and we are used to the rain when it’s not raining that much. Today, I was really, really tired. I decided to sit down and have a break. I saw this figure at the side of my head then suddenly I felt piercing sharp claws go into my back. It was excruciating. I was too weak to yell… I just laid there with my mouth open feeling the cold cold drops of rain as it may be my last day on earth

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!