Harley And Liam

The little girl ran through the forest. Her black hair flying behind her back. She darted around the trees avoiding all the sharp rocks that could pierce her bare feet. She came to a stop at the edge of the forest, the start of the village. She ran towards a small cottage and knocked on the door. “Open up Liam!” The little girl called out to her friend. “Come play with me! I found a pond in the forest!” The wooden door slowly creeped out as a small head full of chocolate hair peaked around the corner.
“Harley it’s too early,” the little boy tried to suppress a yawn.
“It’s not early, you just woke up late,” Harley grabs Liam’s hand. “Come on let’s go.” Harley dragged Liam from his small house. She led him through the dense forest towards the pond. Harley loves to swim but that’s natural for a water spirit. Liam also enjoyed playing in the water trying to catch Harley. They arrived at the pond and finally let go of Liam’s hand. She ran into the water and slowly became invisible. Liam went behind a tree and out came a little fluff ball. The wolf had chocolate eyes and fur like Liam. The fur ball ran into the water to search for the girl. Liam drove under the water and came back up. His once dry fur was now drenched. He saw a glimmer in the water and ran towards it. He placed his paw on the shiny water and up came Harley smiling. Patches of her were visible other covered in water weren’t. The pair played in the water for hours before returning to the village. However, at Liam’s house there was all the village people waiting. The children made it to the house and the village people grabbed Liam’s arm.
“He’s a wolf!”
“Filthy mutt!”
“Disgusting thing!”
“Liam!!!” Harley yelled his name as he was pulled away from her.
“Stay away from that thing child,” one of the elders shot at Harley.
Harley shook the old lady from her arm and ran after Liam. “Liam!” The villagers were already out of her sight. “Liam!” She called again praying for an answer. Clouds gathered above the village, and it began to rain. Harley began to cry as her only friend was taken away from her. As she cried, she slowly turned transparent. She kept running in the direction Liam was dragged. She found a carriage with the doors locked from the outside. She looked around then slowly unlocked the doors. Inside was a pup laying on the floor. “Liam,” She choked out trying to be heard over the thunder. Liam raised his head and his eyes lit up.
“Let’s live together in the forest.” Liam smiled and followed his friend. The two children ran away from the village and into the woods where they were never found by the villagers. They live happily ever after together with an elf who would go to raise them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!