Zombie Rush

Prologue:
“William, can you please take this potion and keep it in a safe place until tomorrow?” asked Harold, “Sure, I can do that,” William agreed, yet this could’ve been one of the biggest mistakes a scientist could make…
Chapter 1: The Beginning
It was late at night; it had been a long day at the lab performing experiments, but William was too tired that the only thing on his mind, was sleep. William hobbled into bed and forgot about the potion. It was left in his car. That night, some burglars had planned to rob Williams house, but as they were creeping in, they noticed a bright, green, glowing liquid in a bottle. They smashed the car window making a loud, CRASH! They climbed in and started to look at the potion. As they were climbing out, Williams pet dog starting barking, giving the burglars a fright and they dropped the potion then it smashed on their feet. They ran for as long as they could, but it wasn’t long before they turned…
Chapter 2: The realization
William woke to the sound of his dog barking and went to bring her back inside “Hey, Maggie, get back here, its late at night and I’m trying to sleep,” William screeched, Maggie whimpered and ran inside, not because William shouted at her, it was something she saw. William squinted, trying to see what it was but he couldn't quite make anything out. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and saw that his neighbour was slouched down and slowly walking towards William, his skin looked all scrunched up, William walked closer and realized that he isn’t the neighbour he knew as he reached out his hand scratching William. He didn’t believe what he saw, and knew he needed to make a cure, before he turned into one of them.
Chapter 3: Helping Hand
William knew what he had to do. He ran home and grabbed an axe from his shed. On the way he saw the smashed potion on the ground “W-What have I done!?” he thought to himself. After grabbing the axe, he took out the infected. Their blood was a green, slimy substance and thought that if he collected some, asked his two lab workers, they could maybe make a cure. Communications seemed to be low because of the infection but he managed to contact them, and they all met at the lab. “Let’s make this cure, and fast!” Harold demanded. it was obvious that he was in a panic, they all were. They hurried at a stressful pace, making the potion but realized, in order to pull off this cure, they needed a chemical that was only stored at a power plant a mile away. “Should we go there?” Questioned Rash,
“It’s either that, or I become a zombie,” William answered,
“I guess were going, then!” Harold exclaimed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!