Fantastic Spring Day

It was a sunny spring morning, and there was a smooth breeze in the air. Our mum told us to play outside while she was cooking, so my sister and I went out to play. First, we played tag and then handball. We were very exhausted after playing, so we walked along the garden and planned to sit there and have a break. When we were sitting, we had an awesome idea, so we thought about it. The idea was to plant some seeds. While we were digging, something suddenly hit my sister's shovel, we looked at each other. My sister asked me, “Could we take it out to see what it is?”
I told my sister “It’s not safe to take unknown things out.” We kept digging carefully to see what it was. Next ,we realised there was a packet wrapping over that object, so we decided to ask our mum if it will be safe to unwrap the large packet together to see what it is. When we looked closely, a colossal rainbow squishy popped out! The rainbow was puffy, soft and also had lot of aroma, even sparkles.
Right then, our mum was bringing some ice-creams for us because it was hot and sunny. While she was coming, she saw us playing with the colossal rainbow. She said, “Oh, you girls have already found the surprise I hid for you!” Me and my sister said, “Yes mum,” and we both gave her a very tight hug. We were discussing where to set that beautiful, giant rainbow so that we can play in our free time. Our mother told us that after having lunch when your father will come we will together set it in front of our house. We ate the super delicious lunch, it tasted even more yummy because we were very excited about the surprise. Later, we were planning to set up the colossal rainbow. Me and my family all helped to lift up the rainbow and finally we managed to put it in front of our house. It was evening time and we went to play with the colossal rainbow. When our neighbours saw the big rainbow, they also came to play. It was a happy time playing together and every evening we jumped and played on the colossal rainbow.
Till then everyone called our place ‘The Rainbow House’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!