New School

“Don’t worry about a thing, you'll be fine,” said mum. “Yeah moving schools isn't that BAD!” said dad. “Yeah it is because you have to make new friends and because I love playing basketball, all the boys will say it’s a boys sport not a girls sport and none of the girls will like me because I like basketball and then I'll have no friends and I won't be able to play basketball ever again”. ” Oh, stop fussing over a little thing’’ said mum. “Fine I'll calm down it shouldn’t be that bad I don’t think…”
* Rudeness through the roof *
Later I got to my new school, and I was still freaking out. As soon as I walked into the classroom no one even looked at me and they didn’t care that the teacher even walked in. The amount rudeness in this classroom is through the roof, I said quietly in my head. My first day is already going bad. The sad part is that the teacher was even mean to everyone. When we all got out of class the same two other kids and still nothing...
and then I heard a “Hello” come from an older kid they looked like they were in high school like year 7 or 8 and when they came up to me, they said “Hey, I'm Jim” said the boy and the girl said “Hi, I'm Shylo and then she said they were in Year 8” so automatically I was like why they would talk to me?
They were cool though then they told me that they were the nicest kids in the whole school and that everyone was mean and didn’t care about anything. When they told me that the basketballers expect girls to play basketball, I was extremely happy. "You'll fit in the group great,” said Jim and then when we got to the basketball court, they asked me what my name was, and I said “Ruby.” Then they introduced me to the rest of the group and then they said that there was a netball group, and they were asking me to play netball then Jim stepped in and said, “No she likes basketball not netball sorry”, and I was very happy I found friends. Soon Jim introduced me to the basketball players, and they were so happy that there was finally a girl playing cause all the nice girls liked netball way more. Anyway, so then they introduced me to the nicest teachers. Soon we had to go to class but as soon as the bell went, I was the fastest one out the door because I wanted to play basketball with my new friends and see my netball friends as well as all the nice people in the group. When I got home my mum called me and she said tomorrow she is going to add me to the basketball team.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!