Emotions

I have this feeling in my tummy, a feeling tha makes me feel dark and empty.
LIke salt and vinegar chips, the ones that make you wince and cry because they are so salty.
Or a dark cave that makes my tummy squirm and twist and turn.
Now a bright yellow beam melts away the yucky feeling and makes me feel warm and sweet like vanilla ice cream.
Or a cosy blanket fluffy and warm like a puppy's fur. A happy bubble is floating in my tummy. But now the bubble is filled with dread.
What if I get blamed for something I didn't do?
What if I fail my exam? The worry in my tummy makes me feel like I ate an entire tub of mustard. Or mayonnaise.
A small bunny hops through the bubble, and now I am jumping.
Excitement is flowing in my tummy like a river.
I am bouncing up and down like I ate a whole packet of lollies.
Now I am a screaming kettle screaming for reveenge for justice.
Spicy curry burns my tongue like it burns my chest when someone says something mean.
But I can't control others only me. I shouldn't be so mad at them, I should forgive them.
My chest settles and now I am a warm bowl of soup. Calm as can be. Breathe in and out.
My emotions are very different sometimes I can control them and sometimes I can't.
Sometimes I cry and sometimes I laugh. But all humans have emotions, both you and me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!