Jacob, The Runaway Boy

Jacob the runaway boy
One sunny Sunday afternoon there was a 12 year old boy named Jacob. His mum was very rich. His mum always said, “No, never, not in a million years.”
After he finished his math homework he went down stairs and talked to his mum. “Can I please get the new skateboard that’s down the road at Sunny’s yard sale?” he asked .
“No, you'll go down the road and crack your head open. Then the lovely old lady Rosemarie that lives down the road will ring me up and tell me to pick my son up so no”.
So he ran upstairs to his room and thought maybe if i run away i will be free. Hmm I better start packing. He grabbed his new backpack and started packing. He packed his ipad mini, a bag of Tim Tams, a tiny pillow, a portable charger and 5 dollars. His house was a two-storeyed house so it would be a bit hard to jump out of a window so he went onto the balcony and grabbed a rope. He threw his bag on his back and tied the rope to his bed knob and started climbing down the white plaster and finally landed. He tugged the rope and it came tumbling down. He started walking walking all the way to Tarpeena which is about a 50 minute walk. His legs ached and finally he got to Tarpeena. He went to the water fountain and started drinking like a dog.
“Right ,better get going, ” he said so he caught the nearest bus and stepped up on the step.
”40 dollars a ticket,” the bus driver said to Jacob.
"But I only have 5 dollars.”
"Fine I'll let you catch a ride get on the bus.”
"Thankyou," replied Jacob.
’’Next stop, Adelaide,” the bus driver said.
Jacob fell asleep.
7 long hours later they arrived in Adelaide.
“Adelaide, here we are!” called the bus driver.
Jacob missed the stop.
”Next stop Gold Coast, ” the bus driver announced.
”Oh, no! ” yelled Jacob, “Guess I'm living in the Gold Coast.
10 hours later he went on his ipad mini and ate 2 Tim Tams. He messaged his mum saying he was at his friend's house for the week.
"Okay," his mum replied.
24 long hours later they arrived at the beautiful Gold Coast. So he hopped of at the bus stop and walked past a old shack in the woods. He knocked on the door and asked, “Can Iplease stay here??”
The lady said, “Of course. Come in. I’ll make you food and you can stay here. ”
"Thanks,” Jacob groaned, but he was that tired he collapsed onto the floor.
The lady put a blanket on him and turned off the lights and went to bed.
And that was the last time his mother heard from him, his mother worried while Jacob was in paradise.
That's the end of jacob's awesome story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!