You Know! It's My Time

Sweat dripping down my terrified face wondering could this be the end?
As I sit in silence, I can hear the whispers swirl around me, I can hear myself breathing heavily and I try to steady my breath.
I watch the turn getting closer and closer, every breath I take it looks like it's running towards me at a speedy pace.
I catch my breath and think for a good second saying “I can do this”. I repeat this over and over again.
I can feel the butterflies flying around in my stomach, my stomach feels as if it is the butterfly enclosure in the Melbourne Zoo.
The excitement builds up but my hands are still trembling.
Now everyone’s has their eyes on me, It’s my turn!
I hesitate because the fear takes over me, it feels as if I just sang the wrong lines on stage, I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.
My face goes red and my ears are burning, I am nervous.
Everyone’s staring at me as if I'm weird.
My gut tells me to play it safe, but my heart tells me to risk it, I go with my heart. I place down the reverse card and shout “UNO!!!” and win!! I won the game of uno with my little brother!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!