Negative Numbers.

"Honey, can you please return these books to the library?"
"Of course!” I replied.

Today I went to the public library to return my mum’s cooking books. And as soon as I got inside I saw a strange lady wearing a black dress full of numbers. She was also wearing a monocle and worn out boots. The lady suddenly started walking towards me and gave me a rusty clock. The hands were spinning anti-clockwise. She said that it would give me good luck but there might be side-effects. But I gladly accepted it.

When I got home I saw my mum’s face in despair. I asked, "What's wrong, why do you look so shocked?"
She replied "Look at the mirror for yourself."
I walked toward the mirror and I saw my face covered in numbers, 5,4,3,2 and 1. As if it was counting down. I was wondering why the numbers were there but I remembered that a strange lady gave me a clock and she also said that there might be side-effects.

A few minutes later the numbers reached 0. Then it went into the negatives. I was so worried about what would happen. So to get my mind off it, I decided to watch tv.

Once I turned on the television the news popped up and the news person said that, "15 people have disappeared for no reason." I was shocked so I turned the tv off and when I saw the reflection of myself on the tv the number on my face was -15.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!