The Fishing Adventure

One sunny day my Dad said we were going on a long fishing trip out on the boat. Dad said “Get all your gear and jump in the car, we are going to Burketown to launch our boat”, however he didn’t tell me where we were going out in the boat. He then said “You will love it a lot” and as soon as we got on the water he told me that we were going to Sweers Island!! I asked what fish can we catch and he sarcastically said “Whatever fish bites the line”. A couple of hours later we arrived at Sweers Island. I helped set up the fishing gear and we started fishing.
Just as I threw my line out it got hit! It was dragged out for a few seconds until the line snapped over the coral, we realised it was too shallow to fish in that part of the ocean. We then moved to the deeper water and threw our lines back out. Suddenly, something massive hit my line and took off like a freight train. Twenty minutes later we saw that it was a big Spanish Mackerel. Dad said it had to weigh at least 10kg and the length was at least 84cm long. We filleted the huge fish on the boat and decided to use the fish frame as shark bait to see what breeds of sharks we could find. The bait was a success and the line was off racing, we ran to the side of the boat to check out the catch. Dad noticed it was a tiger shark, at least 3 metres long. The line broke it splashed and moved fast away from our boat, we then moved to another fishing spot. I then casted my line and as quick as a flash it took off, however I wasn’t quick enough and a large shark came and attacked my hooked fish that was on the end of my line. We were then moving into the beach and dad noticed that the boat was playing up, we stopped the boat to see what the problem was. Dad noticed that the engine was low on oil and the radiator was overheating. He grabbed his phone to call his mate to help out and tow us back to Burketown. Once we arrived in Burketown he bought parts that would help to fix the boat. While this was happening I was getting bored and decided to cook up the spanish mackerel. Soon we were running out of sunlight and the moon rose high in the sky making it the perfect end to my fishing adventure.
THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!