Olive And Her Gift

Olive and her gift
“Olive, Olive”, Mrs Scott called. Olive shook her head and looked up, she had been day dreaming again but had the biggest smile on her face. “Sorry”, Olive replied. Her smile disappeared. She just had the best thought that she could hug the white fluffy clouds and ride on colourful, sparkly rainbows until Mrs Scott interrupted her.
The bell had finally gone and luckily for Olive it was a Friday. She walked out of her classroom out to the play ground waiting for her Mum. She dropped her bag and ran to the playground. Olive climbed up to her favourite spot on the very top part of the playground waiting for her Mum. She sat and looked up at the trees and thought what happened if the trees could move, walk and talk. She smiled. “Olive, Olive, Olives Mum was calling, time to go it’s your Grandmas birthday remember?” Olive nodded, she frowned. She was so angry that everyone kept disrupting her thoughts. Olive climbed down and furiously crabbed her bag walking to her car.
They finally arrived and when Olive hoped out of the car she heard music and saw everyone dancing and singing to her Grandmas favourite song. Olive smiled. She ran to the gate which led into the back yard and opened it. Olive ran up to her Grandma and hugged her tightly. “Olive my dear Olive I have been waiting for you.” Olives Grandma said. “Hi Grandma. Happy birthday.” “Thank you.” She said hugging her back. Time for cake someone said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!