Night Light

The banging was torturing me. I knelt down to the ground with my hands tightly clutched over my ears. Any second now he would break down the door and the last thing I would see would be a black, shadowy figure with a sharpened axe. I slowly stood up, my legs barely able to hold me up. All I could hear now was my troubled breathing. Suddenly, I looked outside, it was now dark. I then heard a loud bang. It all went black.

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a new environment. A green dressed girl with white hair entered the room. 'You have awakened!' she said, a smile forming. 'I have orders from the king to take you to him! Come along now!' I followed her, all because I thought it was a dream. We finally came to the Kings room. 'So, lady Authenta, this is the girl?' the King asked. 'Yes your majesty, she has just awoken,' replied Authenta as her white hair floating behind her back. Authenta bowed then left. 'Why are you in my territory?!' said the king, his instant yell causing me to jump. 'I-I don't know, I blacked out then I woke up in this new place.' 'Take her to the door of Phantom,' said the king, pointing to a dark, cursed hallway. Everyone gasped. 'Y-you must be kidding your majesty!' said one of the servants. 'Take her or you will go too!' said the king. Two soldiers then grabbed my arm and took me closer to this black door. 'Open it. NOW!' yelled a soldier. I slowly turned the doorknob. I could see millions of white people, floating for eternity. I then felt two hands on my back. 'Goodbye lady,' they said, then they pushed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!