Late Again!

Beep! Beep! My eyes slowly opened as the bright sun gleamed on my face. I felt the orange fireball of doom intensely pointing at me. My head was pounding and I felt sweat dripping down my red, steamy cheeks. The leaves rustled and the trees danced outside my cold, foggy window. I turned to my side to see my alarm clock going off as the numbers flashed 10:17am. The deadly screech coming from my bedside table got pitchier and pitchier. “Such a loud sound for a such a small piece of technology!” I wondered. “Oh no,” I finally realised, “I’m late!”
I nervously rushed over to my closet and put on my bright blue uniform. I bolted to the bus stop with my shoes in my hand. The bus came to a stop as I waved my hand vigorously to the driver. I looked around astonished to see I was the only one on. I put my shoes on in a flash and I devoured a couple breath mints so the foul odour coming from my mouth would lessen down.
Once I got off my bus, I bolted so fast to the hall not even Flash could catch up to me. “Rebecca?” I thankfully heard the photographer shout. I sat on my seat with my hair looking like a haystack and my teeth as yellow as the colours on my bus. My crooked smile was weak and my clammy, humid skin was drenched in a horrible smell worse than a skunk. But at last, I got my picture taken.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!