That Week

Sports are my only worries. My name is Markis Joel and I am going to tell you about my worst week ever.
MY DAD WANTED ME TO SWIM!!!
What am I? A duck? You do kind of look like a duck. Really Gemma, it's soooo funny. Of course, I said no, but just under ten minutes later dad gave me a big surprise.I thought for a second and guessed maybe it was pizza for dinner, or a new toy.
”Markis, I found you a swimming coach!!
NOOO! I thought I could get out of this but no.
Does my dad have super powers or something? Let me just say we are more likely to find the abominable snowman or the lost sea of Atlantis. Or even my mum's glasses (well they are normally on her head). All I can tell you is that it was just more time with a paper bag over my head. ”Are you hungry? said mum. No. “Are you sure you don’t want any food?'' said dad.
'' YES I’M SURE!!!!!!

Let me just tell you how much I love swimming. As much as spinach for dinner or my school jacket. Not at all!! I am sure you will like swimming, Markis. “Hello Markis, your dad says you have a gift for sport” says my new swim teacher. DAAD!! Anyway, let me introduce you to your other swimming mates. Makis, this is Stan but we call him shark. This is Dolph but we call him, let me guess, dolphin. Just call me Barry. Finally someone normal. Short for barracuda. So much for normal. Remember boys think of the water as your home. Ok then where is the TV? Or the food? In you go Makis, but the water looks cold and no one checked if there are any fish in there.In you go,I think I will keep a secret for what happened next, but if you really want to know I'll tell you then instead of fighting with you. So shark went to save me but he pulled my pants off and he went to my school I am going to be pelted with pain of everyone being mean.Even more time with a paper bag over my head.Markis since you love bottom of the water why not try diving, from up there!!!! It felt like I was going up for ever but I finally got to the top of the diving board, I looked down and was winded.Coach I can't do this.You will be fine Markis. Dolphin show Markis how it's done. Easy peasy,he dived down and landed gracefully. Your turn markis,I am warming up,your turn I’m just…..in you go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I wonder if dad would feel guilty. I wonder if Gemma would get my stuff. I thought I could fly, I couldn't.

SPLASH!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!