Under The Bed

I heard a scuttle, scratch and a squeak underneath my bed. I told myself it was a mouse -that was a huge mistake.
I always knew something was under my bed waiting for the perfect moment to jump out and grab me. Tonight was different though. There was an eerie silence and it was dark and rainy. I could hear a constant shuffle below my comfortable bed. I was trying to sleep. I really was. It was so extremely hard to sleep knowing that something could jump out and grab me at any moment now.
I was determined to prove myself wrong. So I leaped down onto the smooth, cold, wooden floor. I switched on the torch that always sat by my bed. My flashlight instantly lit up my room, and to my horror I saw a monster! It had big beady eyes, floppy ears, sharp, white teeth attached to a powerful jaw, fluffy golden fur and four furry golden legs.
It was my dog! It was Roco! I pulled him out from under my bed and jumped back into my warm comfy bed and wrapped my arms around Roco and squeezed him tight. I felt safe again, I could finally get some shut eye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!