Last Life On Earth

I plotted around the river waiting for Tommy to trot through the trees, I watched the trees.
Listening to the crackle of leaves whipping together made me calm, as the sky darkened into an inky field.
I ducked under water gazing towards the sky, my breath was sealed in my mouth, my eyes were stinging like hell but I stayed, waiting for my life to disappear. Fireballs crackled through the atmosphere, screams and cries wailed through my ears, heart breaking words were poured into the suburbs, people were crying out for their children but no answer, the striking light hit the ground, causing more destruction, a place in the sky brightened and the fireballs levitated back up. 'There was a familiar story that somebody told me exactly on this topic, but who told me?’ I thought for a moment... Tommy! I went dizzy from a red light glaring at me from the distance, I peered closer, a considerable sized robot trampled out of the thicket clunking as he went, an end of the machine opens to give way to let Tommy out. "So I see that you have found me red handed and when I say red handed I'm not joking, that thing kills my hands!" wailed Tommy.
"What so now you have come to make a joke out of it because it's not funny these kids have lives, hand them back what did they ever do to you?!" I screeched. "THEY ARE A PEST, THEY ONLY LAUGH AT ME, WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND WE ARE ALL THE SAME!" He shrieked while grasping to his beloved machine. He climbed in, clutching the controls and thundering off.
I trotted into the middle of town where lay a mechanical globe. It had been dropped during the blackout, around were statues and new flowers I'd never seen. The statues looked of mother and father with other people out doing their walk. They must have been looking for me, I felt sorrow inside. The globe had a screen which showed a video of kids he had taken, the video was heartbreaking, kids were somewhere like...underground! Here and underground, I was launched in excitement but my eyes were still glued to the screen, the place looked familiar, the place was...beneath me! My head spun like crazy, I felt like a superhero! I destroyed the machine hoping it had an impact, the sky darkened into the same inky field it had earlier, and then the sky lighted and the kids were back! They explained about the flowers and how they were watering them so the pollen got released from the flowers to make these statues. I got some tongs from the abandoned supermarket next door and picked a flower and placed it on the damaged globe. I turned around to examine it, and it was gone. Soon after I placed all the flowers on there and they are gone. I don't know where, but they are!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!