Back Home

Dear diary, I’m Evie...

I am not really used to writing stories in my diary. but this story has to be told…

It was a foggy day when my sister, Heather, brother, Xavier and I went on a little walk. Heather was writing a story about nature for a project at school and needed some ideas. It was only minutes later when Xavier asked if we could go out and buy some food, seeing as we had been given some pocket money “Ugh Xavier, you are always hungry!” Heather groaned. “We can finish your project later Heather” I assured her. Heather was silent for a minute, then nodded.

We walked for just under a hour until we stopped at a place called Brando’s Restaurant. “What is this place?” I asked gazing around in confusion. Xavier just shrugged his shoulders and walked inside. A voice came from deep inside the restaurant.

“Welcome Welcome! How may I help you?” A tall handsome man suddenly appeared in front of us. He was wearing a black apron, white shirt and dark jeans. “My name is Leo,” He stood proudly with a warm friendly smile beaming from his face. Xavier and Heather had just begun to read through the menu when I noticed something moving from the corner of my eye. I peered outside the restaurant. And came across a little kitten. “Oh hello kitty” I said as I crouched down to give her a pat. “What’s your name?” The kitten meowed and began tugging on pants. Was it a ‘please follow me’ sign? I followed the kitten down an alley way until she lead me to a big door.“You want me to go in there?” The kitten just looked at me and then went inside. I followed closely behind, My curiosity taking over. It was pitch black, I couldn’t see anything. Suddenly everything started shaking. “Hello…Evie” a voice called. I stood still trying not to touch anything. I was now in a huge room with gold walls and there were sliver and gold coins everywhere! “Umm…hello?” I said. Out of the shadows, a lady appeared with a silver gown and a crown covered with colourful jewels. “My name is Amira,” she stated.

“H-Hello you’re majesty,” I said. “How do you know my name?” “I named you,” said Amira, a certain sadness in her eyes. “You are my daughter.” My jaw dropped. “I-I’m a princess?” I said quietly. “Yes, you are…” Amira said. She told me the whole story of how she gave me to a family because her husband didn’t want a child. “But since he died…Midnight found you and brought you to me.”

“Midnight?” I said. “Yes, my cat,” Amira replied. Suddenly Amira stood up and walked towards me. I was as still as a stick. But then I felt my body move towards her. “I am happy you’re back,” said my mum. I hugged her tightly. “I love you mum,” I said to her. “I love you too dear.”

XOXO Evie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!