A Woman's World

I am a female, everyone knows except that's not what I chose.
We're told to look like roses and strike pretty poses.
We aren't allowed to be free, just silently agree.
We're taught to be seen not heard but that's absolutely absurd.
Walking alone in the city at night is a very rare sight.
We can't make our own decisions and can't have high-paying positions.
It's hard to be a female in this brutal world and it isn't easy to accept a girl
If I could go back and choose what to be, my choice would be too easy.
I'd remain a female, it's hard to tell why but I definitely will not deny.
Yes, there are things we can't do, and if I had to be entirely true.
I would say we're extremely strong to hold a human in our body for so long.
People protest against our rights, not letting us fight our fights.
Many women gave their lives for our globe, to provide our future with some hope.
Why can't we normalize being a girl, being equivalent in this cruel world?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!