The World Around Me

In my opinion the world is dark
This planet of humans isn’t always such a lark.
There is climate change, there is pollution but we will eventually find a solution.
We need to work together, otherwise this will take forever.
Then you hear in America children are being shot, it makes me so mad my face turns hot. It makes you wonder that out in that wild blue yonder
Why? Why is there climate change? Why is there pollution?
Why have we not found a solution?
This cannot last an ion. It is an endless battalion, of right and wrong.
It hits me like a wrecking ball, the sadness that our world will fall.
But the big question, on all our tongues, Is…When? When…
The sun will not shine, for we do not deserve it.
We were given the blessing of earth and we deserted it. God gave us people, land, earth.
Our world does not have nine lives, it will not get a rebirth.
These people whom we look up to, our virtues, the adults of our world, have done nothing but destroy our world.
This generation of children have to clean up this mess, so confess. It's your crime,
Not ours. But now that mess is mine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!