Effortless Days

Sleepless nights end up as tired mornings that turn into effortless days. What’s the point of staying up so late to waking up so early, to put zero effort into what you have to accomplish in your daily life. School and work, one of the priorities a person should always have. As a kid the priority would be school and for an adult work, but want to know what happens when you do not try at work and school. You don’t succeed, you don’t become a better learner if you don’t try at school and you don’t get the grades you should be hoping for. At work you don’t succeed either, you make yourself look bad in-front of your fellow colleagues and boss, losing your job is already not good at all but losing it because you didn’t try and didn’t put in the work expected is even worse. Hi my name is Sam and I am an adult. You might wish you were me because I’m an adult and I get to do whatever I want but don’t get too excited because once I tell you my story you will not want to be me nor classify me as an adult. From a young age I stayed up as late as I could, thinking I was so cool. I would then wake up late for school when I was expected to wake up around 30 minutes before I did. Being so tired from staying up late and waking up early effected my school so much, I didn’t care anymore. I put zero effort into each subject I did and I would have to suffer all the disappointing looks and lectures from not only my parents but also my teachers. I was ready to give up so I did. I dropped out as soon as I got into year 9 and it wouldn’t of mattered because I didn’t know anything any way, even though I was still here in this world, it felt like I gave up years ago. I got a job because I had to make money some how, but as expected I was over looked, work places would look at my schooling and my efforts and see a zero on everyone. I never got any job offers but one, fast food. Just like all the other things in my life I didn’t succeed in working either. I didn’t try one bit and got fired as soon as I started. Here I am, an old man with zero money, zero family and zero hopes at all. I am writing to you today to remind you to always try, always give your school work and job 110% because if you don’t you’ll end up like me and I regret it all. I don’t want you to end up like me and regret as well. Remember this motto “great things happen to those who don’t stop believing”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!