The True Earth

The Earth is so beautiful, like the idyllic winds blowing across and caressing your face and like the tuneful and melodious sounds of pure joy,
Like the taste of rejuvenating, heavenly and divine beauty; unconfined and like the touch of awakening, enlightenment and comfort,
Like the blissful, luscious, picturesque, and flourishing bed of something so pure, it is indescribable, yet it is only seems so to those invested in saving Earth’s beauty.

The reality of this Earth - however - is dreadful, like the heavy-hearted skies, drenching you in cold, wet misery and like the sound of dejecting rain, flooding the grey landscapes whole,
Like the constant discomfort, settling heavily in your gut, and like the good bumps on your skin, reminding you constantly of the sorrowful and saddened state Earth’s in, like the melancholic knowing of your regretful heart, feeling burdened with the weight of how it all ends, and this is the truthful and harsh reality; yet this is not the end of it.

As we speak, smoke engulfs the towering structures of bustling, busy streets, where the urban landscape now replaces what was once overridden with green, as a once blue sky is now hazy with inky, grey fumes, as countless, innocent lives endangered,
As the endless suffocation of reality and toxicity weighs down what was once pure and pristine air, as the once transparent, glistening and freely-flowing waters along the coast are now littered with unrecognisable, miscellaneous materials, yet death of the Earth triggers no emotions from heartless people trampling across this dying world.

Death is unavoidable; what lives, must go, yet this Earth that withers day and night, cannot, as the cause of survival is the greenery that once flourished and thrived,
Yet impetuous actions of disregard kill the nature quotidianly, “And who’s fault must it be?” an ignorant mind may ask, where the reply given is hurtful yet true; it’s very simple: it’s me, it’s you.

Each day you wake, do your eyes reflect any greenery? The fake plants, the wooden bed; this is certainly no scenery, as the injustice faced by nature due to your careless actions just proves the absolute impertinence of your consistent, false interactions,
No warming walks alongside nature, no race against the tranquil trees; no gift of gratitude towards the grass, the dirt, the sky, the honey-bees, as what was once worshipped is now mistreated unfairly!

Yet it can be reversed by your change of heart and a universal understanding of the many glowing gifts of nature;
A change in minds to reinstall the respect deserved by Earth; right now and not later, where smiles of purity without suffocation, ignorance and hurt can certainly change everything, and welcome the new, true Earth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!