Faeries Tragic End

On the far side of Nowhere a cottage stood among the towering pine trees. A boy and a girl. A pair of golden twins. The sky casting them in golden light as they ran. The two appeared otherworldly as they stopped atop a ledge, the sun casting golden halos around them. They turned.
“I’ll beat you home.” The boy challenged. The girl smirked and replied “Sure, you will.” The two raced off towards the cottage, the chimney billowing smoke. It settled on the ground as they raced between trees. The cottage gone disappeared. All that remained was a single playing card.
Stepping forward the boy picked up the card. Turning it in his long spindly fingers. He turned to his sister.
“What now?” He asked
“I don’t kn-, “The girl was cut off as they fell. Landing with a thump on a glass floor. Doors lined the wall ahead of them. One door stood out with the same intricate card design. The boy stalked towards it and yanked it open. Tumbling through clouds and birch trees they fell into a field of wildflowers.
“Where are we?” The girl asked.
“I don’t know” He snapped.
“This is your fault!” She growled.
Spotting a castle in the distance she took off running towards it without him.
“Alice?! Alice?!” he shouted as he caught a glimpse of her walking into the castle. Watching helplessly as the guards grabbed her. “Oh god what have I done…” He mumbled.
She stumbled between the guards begging them to let her go wishing that she hadn’t left Milo behind, he had always been the braver sibling.
She arrived in a throne room playing cards strung along the walls like trophies. A white rabbit hopped into the room as she let out a scoff. “You’re the ruler?” The rabbit whispered to a guard, and he disappeared. “Yes, for a matter of fact I am. Is there an issue?” The rabbit turned. “No, it’s just I was expecting someone, more human?” She stuttered out. The rabbit turned disgusted at this, just as the guard returned with her brother in tow. Shoving the boy down next to her, she was yanked up. They weren’t getting out of this one alive.
The sword was brought to the boy as he stood, he denied it. “Such a shame I wanted you to kill her.” The rabbit nodded at the girl. The boy let a sob slip out.
“I’m sorry! I love you…” The boy said tears pooling in his eyes. As the sword rose. “I know. I love you…” The sword came down on her neck as golden light flooded his vision. He was back? His eyes landing upon a body, hers. A scream echoed around the forest. Lying with her he picked up the dagger that had appeared with her and drove it up into his heart. “I could never live without you.” He gasped. The two golden twins finally had met their end. Immortalized in each other’s memory forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!