Why I ]Look Up

The clouds drift on by and still I peer up, begging them to trundle along.
Twinkles of magic, twinkles of an unending story that will live on infinitely after we, the mortal, are gone, out-shine the city lights.
Fantasy better than every fairy or dragon out there.
A story of time itself, weaving its way into my heart.
All the knowledge ever wanted, all the knowledge that’s out there, it forever keeps locked away.
So often is it overlooked, just another part of life
But the wonders out there are unimaginable and never shall we fathom
But that’s why I look up, every night in the cold
Trying to see a peek at these indescribable majesties
My breath clouding my glasses and it never growing old.
Huddled in my jumper, hugging myself to keep warm
My feet cosy in my slippers yet the briskness creeps in.
That’s why I look up, for the pain and the aches,
For the brief moments where everything feels insignificant,
For the love I have for so many
That’s why I look up

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!