Backstory

“You are clear for landing,” blurts out the radio. The sudden noises of landing sequences quickly awakens Colonel Graff from his slumber as he swiftly comes to his feet. There is a few seconds of sioence then a large thud shakes the whole ship. Slowly, a large metal door begins to open, a bright beam of sunshine slowly fills the inside of the hull. He briskly raised his hand up to block the blinding light that blurred his vision like staring into welders spark, after squinting his eyes and adjusting to the bright atmosphere his vision uncovers that there is a mysterious man in the distance that he can’t clearly make out of his vision. He nervously sighs a deep breath and makes his way out of the ship.

As he nervously aproaches the unknown figure, Graff see’s the man’s arm extend out towards him, wiping his sweaty shaking palms he reaches for a handshake. Suddenly, his heart skips a beat, his lungs are tightened as he struggles to breath, the floor is shaking so vilently he drops to the floor like a man getting shot. He is on all fours, his life is flashing right before his very own eyes. Graff petrified eyes scan the blank horizon. A few seconds pass as a sudden screeching siren begins to blair across the entire station. He panickingly curls up into a ball covering his bleeding ears from the deafening sirens, his knees are trembling like rickety train tracks, his arms are hugging his legs so tightly he is losing circulation in his legs.

A colossal shadow grows over the entire station as the darknes swallows up the light that was once lighting up the entire station. BANG! Graff twists his head in the direction of the explosions, soldiers are scurrying around like ants running to the defence system. A man aggressively graps a hold of Graff’s shoulder “We need you out of here Colonel!” He yells over the deafening sound of another explosion. Colonel Graff tries to reply to the man but his mouth is sealed shut from fear, as if he was half paralysed.

The man impatiently waves his arms in Graff’s face to help him come to his senses. As colonel Graff and the mysterious man sprint their way to the ship, a man is heard screaming at the top of his lungs as if he’d seen a ghost “Clearly, this is not a battle we are going to win,” Graff barks at one of the officers whilst out of breath. The battle rages out for hours, more men are starting to die from the horrid monsters. More soldiers are brought from Earth to help in getting the slightest chance that the aliens woulnd’t take over the human race. Colonel Graff tried everything, from specialised army forces to launching missiles directly at them. None of it helped if there was a countless amount of the monsters.

Everyone on Earth is panicking over their planet being taken over by aliens. Colonel Graff briefly escapes the scene as there is no way to beat them. His brain going… He shakedly stares out the window to view a bright flash as the space station is obliterated to pieces along with anything that was near it. As he watches the foating debris of what was left from the tremendous explosion Colonel Graff had no choice but to blow up the platform, otheriwse it would’ve been overrun by the aliens.











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!