Mallory’s Cake Shop

The sweet scent of chocolate brings a moment of bliss to my nose, almost able to taste the delicious chocolate with its sweet aroma.
I’ve dreamed of the day someone would think about my desserts in such a manner, and finally for the first time, I believe I’ve done it. Excitement begins to dance in my core as I spring upwards, smiling from ear to ear as a customer walks inside. My smile only brightens with their warm one as they scan through the selection of fine and rich sweets freshly made to perfection.
“Mmmm, they all look so delicious, it’s hard to choose.” His voice rings in a sweet warm tone, gazing at the delectable goodies as if they were gold. I wait almost impatiently while a soon broad smile crosses his lips.
“Yes, I think I’ll have the double chocolate cake, I feel like a treat today.” I chuckle with his contagious smile, taking out the layered slice of delightful chocolate cake, oozing with melted chocolate on top and sweet macarons as a garnish.
Smiling through my thoughts, I tighten the ribbon into a cute bow, almost like a child’s gift.
Granting the man his cake he grins warmly, feeling my own excitement as he carries it like a treasure. The bells chime once more as another customer enters, seeming almost in a daze at the fine selection of sweets able to cure any indulgence.
My heart skips a beat to see another as they take a stroll into my shop. Their eyes almost glisten at the chocolates, lighting up like a Christmas tree with eagerness and greed. More follow inside almost like the delicious scent is like a thread luring them inside my shop.
I can't stop smiling but it’s impossible to contain. I’ve dreamed of this for what feels like decades yet I can finally see my dream coming to life.
“Oh wow, did you make all these yourself?” The poshly dressed lady asks while scanning over each one with integrity.
“Oh, yes I did, with each dying breath” I giggle as my smile beams like rays of sunshine. She gleams in response, taking out her purse while eyeing a particularly generous serving of caramel cake.
“I’ll have that one, it just looks so good, I simply can’t wait to try it.” I laugh with her sweet manner, and it makes me delighted to see people actually interested in my cakes.
“Oh my goodness, this is absolutely delicious, I must get your recipe!” She exclaimed with such eagerness as if she were a child begging for a present.
“I’m sorry ma’am, but I can’t do that, however I was thinking of doing requests?” She grinned broadly, nodding her head while almost stuffing her face like an eager child.
“You must tell me your secret!”
The younger ones always seem to have a refined and delicate taste, always sweet and leaves you craving more, that’s why children are my favourite. My secret ingredient.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!