Jake And The Cyborgs

Jake rushed out of bed, down the stairs, and out the door, worried he was going to miss the bus and be late for school. Jake rushed to the bus stop running as fast as he could, chasing after the moving bus; but he couldn’t catch it. He ran home and asked his mum to take him, but she said she would be late for work and told him to run to school or wait for another bus. He started running to school as fast as he could and arrived at 9:55. His teacher got angry at him and gave him a paper pickup at lunchtime. He was waiting for the end of the day to come.
When Jake got home from school, he chucked his bag on the floor, jumped on his bed. loaded up his favourite PS4 game, Cyborg Runner 62. Suddenly at level 15 weird stuff started to happen to his PS4. It started beeping, glowing, and shaking, then there was a loud bang! The PS4 opened and a blue coloured mist came towards him, magically picked him up and pulled him inside of the PS4. Jake felt himself fall from the sky and land with a hard crash. He looked around and realised he was lying on hard, cracked concrete. He looked around and found he was in what looked like a wasteland that looked familiar to him. Jake put all the pieces together and realised that he was inside his favourite game Cyborg Runner 62.
Jake was excited to find himself inside his favourite game and decided to look around the wasteland to see what there was to offer. He came across a half robot dog who wandered up to him wagging its tail. Jake patted him and kept walking until he heard gunfire and clanking metal in the distance. Jake quickly realised that the game had dangerous cyborgs and that’s what the sound was. He knew he needed to find a weapon to defend himself.
Jake desperately ran around looking for a weapon but there were no weapons in the usual places he expected to find one. He turned to find a plasma cannon aimed at his head. The next thing he knew he was falling from the sky onto the concrete. He realised that he lost one of his three lives. He jumped up and ran to where he hid a weapon in the past, luckily it was still there. He heard clanky metal footsteps and knew he had to get past the cyborgs and to the portal to have any chance of getting back home.
The cyborgs came running over the hill straight towards Jake, he could either run or fight - he decided to fight. He jumped and rained fire over them killing all the cyborgs. As the last cyborg fell, Jake felt himself being lifted and transported back home. Jake was so happy to be home and he never played Cyborg Runner 62 ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!