Kidnapped

The bark of the ferocious guard dogs had startled the life out of me. Suddenly my hands slipped from the wire fence and I fell back. My head struck the bonnet of an old 1960s Ford Mustang.

I had blacked out completely and lay all night at the back of Mr Carter's decaying ranch. The ranch sat on top of Rambling Hill on the edge of Silverbrook.
Silverbrook was a small town in the countryside. It only had two schools. One of them was an exclusive catholic college. The other was a public school that had been renovated over a million times.
The only magnificent thing about the town was it still had an awesome drive-in cinema.

I woke up with a beaming light shining in my face. The light moved aside as a young lady examined me. I put my hand to my head. There were spots of blood on them when I looked. I must have hit my head so hard it started to bleed.
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a voice, that turned out to be a nurse, ask me where I lived. I fumbled for the answer.

Ever since my parents had been kidnapped I had run away into the bush.
It happened about two months ago. I had been lying in bed listening to Mr Carter and my parents mumbling about something downstairs. A few minutes later everything fell silent. I ran downstairs but no one was there. I heard a car slowly rumbling off into the distance. I looked out the window and saw Mr Carter's white van leaving. Ever since, I had been trying to break into Mr Carter's place, but I never could.

As the nurse looked away I ripped the tube off my arm and ran out of the hospital emergency room. I flung the doors open to the fresh morning air. As I raced outside I realised I was in the city.

Police had waited for me outside all this time. My focus wasn’t on them, though. My attention was on a flustered looking old man on the other side of the street. He had two big attack dogs trailing behind him on long red leads. It was Mr Carter coming to kidnap me, too!

Now was my chance to find my parents while he wasn’t home. Silverbrook was only 40 minutes away by motorbike. Luckily, the postie had parked right there behind the police. I slipped through the chief officer's legs and got on the motorbike. The engine started and I sped off down the highway doing 110 kilometers per hour.
I heard people yelling at me but nothing would stop me.

I finally arrived at Mr Carter's place. I slid through a break in the fence which was only safe without attack dogs there. I picked the lock, opened the door and ran down to the basement. I flung open the door and there were my parents standing in front of me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!