Lacking Self Love, But At Least I Have You…

You know they say you should love yourself before you love others. But I personally think that statement is wrong. I have highly despised myself ever since I took a glance at my reflection. Nothing about me ever seemed enough. I wanted to love myself like how the moon loves the earth, I wanted to feel joy in my skin like when you feel the warm sand between your toes. And when I met you I forgot about all the hatred I felt for myself. You saw something in me and to me that’s all that mattered. I’m learning how to love myself, self hate is an awful thing, it’s not something to be proud of nor something you can just “get passed” in life. It will be difficult and I don’t quite know how I will do it. But the one thing I do know is that I loved you before me and I know maybe it’s not the best choice but when I have you by my side I know that’s the best decision I ever made.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!